August Hamlet Meeting Recap

The August meeting included guest speaker Sarah Bushore from the Census Bureau. The census helps communities get their fair share of hundreds of billions spent on schools, hospitals, roads, public works and other vital programs. Now through mid-October, Census workers will be walking through some neighborhoods to verify addresses that need to be counted. They will knock on doors and ask a few simple questions to verify the address and any additional living quarters on the property. They will have badges and briefcases indicating their affiliation with the bureau, and explain the purpose of their visit. The public is free to also ask for a picture ID from another source to confirm their identity. The bureau was able to verify 65% of addresses using satellite imagery nationwide. To find out if your address is in the remaining 35%, check out http://bit.ly/2yV9jcj.

New Land Use Applications

Z0327-19, applicants Tony & Lakshi Aldredge, 16052 S Leland Road, Beavercreek, zoned rural commercial, 1.64 acres, requesting an alteration of a nonconforming use (a single family residential use in a rural commercial zone) to permit construction of a 40’x70’ accessory structure in the SE corner of the property for personal storage in conjunction with the existing single family residence.

Land Use Activities

Z0291-19, applicant Tyler Winslow, property owner Larry Winslow, 14783 S Henrici Road, Oregon City, zoned RRFF5, .84 acres, requesting a new temporary home for care for LaJuanta Winslow. Approved subject to conditions.

Z0398-18-C, Conditional Use, applicant Troy Snyder with Mountain Meadow Solar, property owner Dennis Pikkarainen, address 7275 S Killdeer Road, zoned Timber, 32.17 acres, Hearings Officer Hearing on October 18, 2018, 9:30 a.m. Clackamas County Development Services Building Auditorium, requesting photovoltaic solar power generation facility (passive solar panels) on 10 acres. Approved subject to conditions. Appealed to Land Use Board of Appeals who remanded back to the County to address the impact to the character of the area and fire risk. County addressed livability and fire danger (the 2 issues LUBA addressed) and approved the application.

As everyone in the area is acutely aware, the Beavercreek Road Repaving Project is underway and expected to continue through mid-October. Residents should expect 20 minute delays and plan accordingly. The also board gave updates on the Community Road Fund Advisory Committee, transportation, and R1ACT.

 


The Hamlet of Beavercreek is a volunteer-run community group that exists to protect and preserve the rural culture of the area. Monthly meetings are the best place to share feedback and learn how to get involved. Join us at 7:00 p.m. the fourth Wednesday of each month (except for December) at the Beavercreek Grange.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s